Tuesday, October 26, 2010

mother to son

main idea


in the poem mother to son by langston hughes i think she is saying when life isn't perfect try and make the best of it, and keep pushing until everything works out. Also the mom is telling the son that her life isn't and never was perfect but she had to suck it up and make the best of it even if its not what you wanted. I think this is poem has a very strong meaning, and it is true sometimes you have to make the best of life even if your in a tough position.
 When reading this poem I remembered when I was 9 and me and my brother were messing around and long story short i ended up with 4 stitches in my head and it was horrible timing because i had the state test the next day, the next day i woke up a little dizzy but i didnt want to take the test on a make up day so I suck it up, took a children advil and went to school; it was one of the worst days but i still did good in the test which made it much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment