Monday, October 18, 2010

Draft

Appreciation


While reading the Giver I started to appreciate it in many ways. In the Giver  I paid a lot more  attention to the details then I did the first time I read it. I found many speciall things that Lois Lowry put into the book.   In the book  Lois Lowry Imagination is very notable .  I noticed Lois Lowry had a very unique Imagination when she  tells the reader about the world and the daily life of the people. Also Lois Lowry puts her own style of writing into the book; With her emotion, and her diolage.               
          One way I appreciate Lois Lowry Imagination is how crazy she makes the world. When I first realized that the world in the book wasn’t like any other world, I was on page 3-4, When Asher had to apologizes his class and “instructor”  for being late, he also had to give reasoning how he was late; When I read that I thought if I was late to school I would probably try to make a excuse and take a late mark or have my mom write a note saying why I was late and I wouldn’t have to ask for the teacher to “accept  my apologue”.
           Another way I Appreciated the Giver was Lois Lowry Imagination on the characters.  One character that you can tell Lois Lowry put a lot of effort on is Jonas. I think Jonas is the Character that stands out the most because he is the one that is different and he was the one that didn’t agree with the utopia; Jonas also stated to question why they lived like they do and when they release one of the twins because he was different he snaps and led the rebellion.
           Lastly in the Giver I appreciated Lois Lowry Style of writing. One way Lois Lowry Style of writing was unique is the emotion she puts into the book; In the book she adds many type of emotion even though in the utopia no one has any emotion and lives life very dull. Also Lois Lowery had very strong diolage like the one on page 124-125 Jonas and the Giver have a very strong talk, it also has a lot of diolage going back and forth.
           I am very happy to read the giver again and glad to be able to elaborate on it like I have on the passed weeks. I am also glad that I had a chance to appreciate the book in many ways. 

1 comment:

  1. i like how you gave page numbers to back up your examples of why you appreciated the book

    ReplyDelete