Monday, October 25, 2010

final piece



  
Appreciation


         While reading the giver I started to appreciate it in many way. In the giver I paid a lot more attention to the details then I did the first time I read the book. I also found many special things that Lois Lowry put into the book. In the book Lois Lowry Imagination is very notable.  I noticed Lois Lowry had a very unique imagination when she tells the reader about the world and the daily life of the people. Also Lois Lowry puts her own style of writing into the; with her emotion, and her dialogue.
           One way I appreciate Lois Lowry imagination is how crazy she makes the world.  when I first realized that the world in the book wasn’t like any other world, I was on page 3-4. Asher had to apologize to his class and ‘instructor’ for being late, he also had to give reasoning why he was late; when I read that , I knew that if I was late for school I would most likely try to make a excuse, and take a late mark or have my mom write a note. I wouldn’t ever have to ask for the ‘instructor’ to ‘accept my apologue’.
            Another way I appreciate The Giver , was Lois Lowry’s imagination on the characters. One character that you can tell Lois Lowry put a lot of effort in, is Jonas. I think is a character that stands out a lot, because he is the one that is different (he didn’t agree with the utopia. Jonas started to question just why they have to live like they do.  When they released one of the twins just because one was different, once this happens Jonas snaps and begins to led the rebellion.
            Lastly, in the giver I appreciate Lois Lowry style of writing. One way Lois Lowry style of writing is unique, is the emotion she puts into the book. In the book she adds many types of emotion, even though in the utopia no one has any emotion; Everyone lives life very dull. also Lois Lowry had very strong dialogue like the one on page 124-125, Jonas and the giver have a very meaningful talk,
             I am very happy to read the giver again and glad to be able to elaborate on it like I have, through the pass weeks. I am also glad that I had a chance to appreciate the book in many new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment