Sunday, May 22, 2011

writing prompt

writing prompt #16
 What memorable texts (picture books,poems,oral stories, flims,etc) have influenced your definition of growing up?




One memorable text that I will never forget is a picture book, The 
Little Train That could . This book was the greatest book when I was little. This book influenced my definition of growing up because it thought me to always believe in my self and believing in your self as you get older is important because sometimes your the only person that can help and if you don't believe in your self then you wont accomplish anything. 
Another text that has had a influence me as I grew up was another picture book, The Tortoise and The Hare.  The book teaches you to never give up and not to be to cocky. This helps people not be to cocky, being cocky can be bad because if your applying for a job or something like that and your to cocky the people would not want to pick you. Also the book teaches you to never give up and thats good because if you dont give up on your dreams they may come true one day.
all the books that ive read as a child has impacted my coming of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment